Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Too many thoughts!

Full Disclosure

A mad scientist friend offers you a chip that would allow you to know what the people you’re talking to are thinking. The catch: you can’t turn it off. Do you accept the chip?

What an interesting proposition - but I can say without hesitation, NO! I didn't even have to think about this one AT ALL. There is no way, no how I would want to hear other people's thoughts. FOR SO MANY REASONS.

It's kind of like knowing your co-workers salaries. It can only end badly.

First of all, I think we're all entitled to privacy. Being able to hear other's thoughts seems like a huge intrusion.

When I think about what goes on in my own head......I go through a lot of filtering before I open my mouth and even then I get it 'wrong' half the time! We all have thoughts that come to us, knee jerk reactions, or thoughts clouded by past experiences or whatever that are not indicative of our true feelings on something. What chaos would it be if those unfiltered, unformed thoughts were made known - then I'd have all kinds of thoughts based on that information.

Finally, I know how 'loud' my own head is -- how chaotic my thoughts can be sometimes. Do I really want to ADD to that with the thoughts of others? 

I think the old saying 'ignorance is bliss' rings true here. :)








No comments:

Post a Comment